As of 2/28/17 Prices for a Limited AKC Registration pup is:
$ 1,950 males & $1650 females for our regular breedings picked up at the kennel. (special priced litters are marked as such on the pages with the reservations.)
(Prices subject to change without notice. Your deposit guarantees price at time of deposit. Puppies are sold with limited AKC registration. We rarely sell for breeding.)
At this time we are not charging a premium for 1st pick in a litter. 1st pick is available on a 1st deposit received basis. (See information on how the ‘pick order works below.) By placing your deposit you get the following benefits:
(1) You are assured of the price listed for the litter 1st chosen at time of deposit (safe against possible price increases for that litter),
(2) you are assured your place on the "pick list" for your chosen litter,
(3) you have the option to switch litters (subject to availability and standing reservations but at prices current at time of switch) if you desire,
and . . . IF you place your deposit BEFORE the litter is born . . . (4) you gain a 10% discount off published list price making your puppy cost only $ 1755 boys or $ 1485 girls
Inquire about additional discount for active duty military personnel.
Your payment must be in US $ for the exact amount of the purchase, deposit, or balance due. Your payments may be made using your Credit or Debit card or your Pay Pal account through PayPal’s secure site. You must contact Emily for web address to our ‘Payment Page’ with links to the PayPal site. Cashier checks are also acceptable made payable to "Emily Roberts" And payments made to us at the farm may also be made in cash. All puppies are sold FOB Rosehall Shepherds, Sparta, TN. and must be picked up from the breeder in their 8th week unless special arrangements for extended boarding or training at additional cost are made with the breeder. Full payment of all balances are due no later than when you pick up your puppy at our farm. We at Rosehall want you to be pleased with your puppy and will accept the return of a puppy in good condition within 10 days after pick up for any reason with a full refund - minus deposit, FOB Rosehall Shepherds, Sparta, TN. You MUST contact us to make arrangements with us for the return. (All return expenses are the buyer’s responsibility.) As you are considering the cost of your puppy. Please remember that you will have travel costs to come and pick up your pup.
When making a deposit, please print this page (use the link to download a PDF file) and sign in all six indicated places and mail with your payment.
Effective 4/1/17 a $ 300 nonrefundable deposit is required for reservations.
Non-refundable deposits are required to reserve a puppy. You must make contact (and receive our response) by e-mail email@example.com or phone (931-277-5032) or text (931-248-4141) with us BEFORE you send a deposit so that we can assist you in your choices of pups. Your deposit must be in US $ for the exact amount of the deposit only and may be paid by Credit/Debit card or PayPal payment through PayPal’s secure site or by personal check made payable to "Emily Roberts." When you contact us we will supply mail address & other details. We also require that you print a copy of all sections of this information page and sign where indicated and send them to us by mail (or scan & email) so that we are assured that you have read through this important information. The puppy will not be reserved until we receive the signed information pages and the funds have been successfully collected by our bank and deposited in our account. Any fees for collection will be added to the final cost of your puppy. You may make a deposit to reserve a puppy as soon as a planned litter is listed on the "Expected Litters" page (The 'Puppy Dream' page). The sooner the deposit is received, the higher on the "pick list" you will be. We normally take deposits on the first three picks for male and first three picks for female for each litter. Please also note that deposits are always NON-REFUNDABLE as we are investing our time and counsel with our prospective buyers before you ever make your choice of litter and ultimately your choice of puppy. A deposit is for a single puppy choice. If you desire to place deposits on 3 different litters, you are committing to take THREE puppies . . . additional deposit money cannot be applied to the purchase price of another previously reserved puppy. There may not be 3 males or 3 females in a litter. If so, your deposit is applied to an available pick on the next litter of your choice. (Puppies may be priced independently by litter as indicated on the web pages.)
When making a deposit, please print this page (use the link to download a PDF file) and sign in all six indicated places and mail with your payment.
After phone, email, and text communication, many of the families interested in buying our puppies come to our farm to meet us and see our facility and the parent dogs to help them make their final decision to get their puppy from us. We strongly encourage you to do this.
Once we receive your deposit and the signed information sheets you will be placed on the ‘pick list’ of the litter you have chosen for either a male or female puppy as you have told us. The ‘pick’ for which you are listed is determined by the order that the deposits are received by us. Prompt payment of your deposit gives you the pick that we have discussed in our communications.
Once the puppies are born we will begin posting pictures of the litter on our web site. At about 4 weeks old, we will begin posting individual pictures of each puppy. Each puppy is identified by a color or character of rubber ducky that shows in most of their pictures.
When the puppies are 6 weeks old or a little older we test them for ‘temperament.’ The results of that test will be summarized in a written description that will be emailed to the buyer & often posted with the puppies’ individual pictures soon after.
Families with 1st ‘picks’ must choose their puppies within 48 hours of the temperament tests being posted. Successive picks must choose in order within 24 hour windows for their considerations. If picks are not made in a timely manner you will be passed over for the next in line. The buyer is responsible for picking up their puppy from the kennel in a timely manner. If a puppy buyer fails to contact us to make pick up arrangements for their puppy by the end of the 8th week (after birth), we reserve the right to make the puppy available for sale to another family and the first buyer will be considered in default & forfeit their deposit. A decision to ‘pass’ on buying a puppy from a reserved litter MUST be made & communicated to the breeder no later than at the time for your ‘pick’ to be made. A 'Pass' allows you to be moved to a future litter. You do not have to pick which litter to move to at that time.
We are centrally located 1/2-3/4 hr drive from I-40 exits in Crossville or Cookeville, Tennessee. (Within 12 hour drive of 75% of US population) We strongly encourage you to visit us (by appointment) to see our dogs and facilities in person! We will provide detailed travel directions when you schedule with us for your visit. Visitors flying commercial airlines can fly in to Nashville, TN (BNA), Knoxville, TN (TYS), or Chattanooga, TN (CHA), each about a 2 hour drive from our farm.
For people with access to private air transportation, here is pilot information on the two closest local airports:
Upper Cumberland Regional Airport is located north of Sparta. The kennel is located east of Sparta and is about a 35 minute drive from this airport. Car rental is available at the airport. We are also glad to meet you at the airport to deliver your puppy.
Crossville Memorial Airport is located west of Crossville. The kennel is located west of Crossville and is about a 20 minute drive from this airport. A courtesy car is available for up to two hour use. Car rental is also available at the airport. We are also glad to meet you at the airport to deliver your puppy.
Yes, unless otherwise specified, your purchase of a Rosehall Shepherd GSD puppy include the following warranty:
Your pup has been sold to you with a LIMITED AKC registration application. Breeding this dog will void all aspects of this warranty . . . Pet Warranty: Covers specified serious inherited genetic conditions proven during the first three years.
1. The seller warranties a healthy puppy or dog at the time of sale. The record of worming and all appropriate vaccinations will be provided at the time of sale.
2. The seller warranties the puppy to have a temperament that is not overly shy or overly aggressive for the first two years. The buyer must provide written statements, addresses & phone numbers from 2 licensed veterinarians or 1 vet and 1 certified trainer that the said dog is overly shy or aggressive. This dog must be certified as having completed at least one AKC endorsed obedience class. The seller will refund 1/2 of the purchase price of the dog (Temperament is half environment), or if buyer desires, a replacement puppy may be provided at half the current cost, plus shipping. The problem dog must be "put down" by the buyers vet. The seller will not be responsible for any vet bills or health care expenses.
3. The seller warranties the puppy or dog to be free from crippling HIP & Elbow DYSPLASIA. A mild HD should not cause problems even in old age. Written statements with addresses & phone numbers from 2 licensed veterinarians, or the Orthopedic Animals Foundation to confirm crippling genetic HD, are required to verify that the dog has a genetic defect covered by this agreement. (For hips and elbows, only OFA evaluation will be accepted.) EXCEPTION if just one elbow is effected even a slight injury can cause elbows to fuse wrong. Genetic elbows are when both elbows are affected. When documentation is provided proving the dog has a genetic defect the seller will replace the puppy with another puppy of equal or greater value from the first available litter. The buyer keeps the original pup! The seller is not responsible for any vet bills or health care on this dog. Shipment of the replacement puppy will be at the buyer's expense. The dog with the genetic defect must be euthanized or spayed or neutered by the buyer.
4. The seller warranties the puppy or dog against Spinal Myopathy as well as genetically proven heart, pancreas or liver conditions until the animal reaches five years of age. Written statements with addresses & phone numbers from 2 licensed veterinarians are required to verify that the dog has a genetic defect covered by this agreement. If the dog is determined to have a genetic defect the seller will replace the puppy with another puppy of equal or greater value from the first available litter or refund the purchase price at the sellers discretion. The buyer keeps the original pup! The seller is not responsible for any vet bills or health care on this dog. Shipment of the replacement puppy will be at the buyer's expense. The dog with the genetic defect must be spayed or neutered.
5. The seller will accept the return of a puppy in good condition within 10 days after pick up or shipping for any reason with a full refund - minus deposit, FOB Rosehall Kennel, Sparta, TN. (All return shipping/delivery expenses are the buyers responsibility.)
Warranty is valid ONLY if the following conditions are met.
1. The dog has been fed a high quality dog food, and has not had an accident or injury that may have caused the condition.
2. The dog has NOT been spayed before the end of its sixth month or neutered before its first birthday (one year old).
3. The dog has NOT been kept unduly restrained. These are large breed animals and by the time they are 6 months of age should be kept in a kennel space of no less than 10' x 20' NOT on concrete flooring and allowed sufficient exercise time in larger space at least twice a day. (It's good for the owners too.) Extensive confinement WILL cause problems in bone, joint and muscle development and may cause problems with temperament.
4. The dog or puppy is not sold to a second party or stayed with anyone other than the buyer stated on this agreement. (Brief stays at reputable boarding kennels excepted)
5. The buyer is in good standing with the American Kennel Club.
6. The buyer has fed quality and appropriate nutritional supplements daily. (Minimum of Ester vitamin C).
7. The dog, male or female, has not produced a litter.
8. This contract must be signed and returned or all guarantees are void.
Effective June 1, 2017
We strive to be a responsible breeder and we expect you to be a responsible dog owner. You must be prepared to begin training/socializing your puppy to become a well disciplined dog from the very day you pick up your pup. An undisciplined and unsocialized dog of any size or breed will be an aggravation (at the least) and possibly a danger (at the worst) to you, your family, visitors and the public at large. We raise calm tempered, family friendly German Shepherd dogs BUT they still require proper training which will require time and consistency and discipline and cost on your part to assure that your adult dog is a good canine citizen in your home and community.
You will receive a training packet from PAWSITIVE dog/human program with your puppy that includes a 2 hour behavior lecture and online hand out sheets that outline a 7 week do at home puppy class that will help train you to train your puppy and choose an appropriate trainer. The AKC ‘Puppy Star’ program is an excellent first step that should be followed up with puppy obedience class. Your minimum goal should be to have your dog prepared to pass the AKC ‘Canine Good Citizen’ test for which you will receive a certificate from AKC. Training is not complete until your dog consistently obeys your basic voice &/or hand commands and signals off leash.
Further obedience training of more advanced nature is available and your Rosehall German Shepherd will enjoy the challenge of these classes and will find purpose and satisfaction in being able to please you through these activities.
An undisciplined, disobedient dog will be a nuisance and can be dangerous and in all but a very few cases that will be the owner’s fault and responsibility
Training with PAWSitive Dog/Human Training can be pre arranged by us (on a limited basis) at a ROSEHALL pup discounted rate of $200 a week for people who can not pick up their puppy in a timely manner or just would like to have some puppy training started.
Primary phone: Emily’s cell phone for texting
We are with the dogs so much we are rarely able to answer the phone but check for text messages emails and return calls as we are able throughout the day. We live out in the country and our phones are not always reliable. Text or email work best.